Abington Lacrosse Club serves boys in grades K-8 residing in the Abington School district, in Pennsylvania. ALC offers programs for developing, recreational, and elite players in 4 grade based Divisions.
Note: Each year, ALC will add or eliminate teams based on player demand, evaluations and coaching availability.
ALC Travel Teams will compete in the South Eastern Pennsylvania Youth Lacrosse Association.
A Division (7th/8th grade)
- ALC can form travel teams at 4 levels:
- A1 Elite – (please see below for “Elite Team Commitment”)
- A1 – Developing & Recreational
- A2 – Developing & Recreational
- A3 – Novice, Developing & Recreational
B Division (5th/6th grade)
- ALC can form travel teams at 4 Levels:
- B1 Elite – (please see below for “Elite Team Commitment”)
- B1 – Developing & Recreational
- B2 – Developing & Recreational
- B3 – Novice, Developing & Recreational
Ãƒ¢€‹Ãƒ¢€‹C Division (3rd/4th grade)
- ALC can form travel teams at 2 Levels:
- C1 – Developing & Recreational
- C2 – Novice, Developing & Recreational
Ãƒ¢€‹Ãƒ¢€‹Ãƒ¢€‹D Division (1st/2nd grade)
- ALC can form multiple house league teams depending on player registration:
- Through clinic style programs, once or twice a week practices and eventually building to Saturday intramural games, our House League provides new and developing players with individual skill and team play instruction as well as a "competitive" outlet to hone these skills.
- The goal of this program is to foster the love of lacrosse and to help the kids develop the skills necessary to excel in the sport. The House League is a non-checking league. Teams are staffed by a combination of experienced coaches and interested parents. House League games are typically officiated by U.S. Lacrosse certified referees.
Unlike in prior years, “playing up” in an older division will not be permitted. All players will play at their current grade level. Please direct any related questions to our Travel Coordinator.
Elite Team Commitment
For ALC Elite Team players (A1-Elite, A1, B1-Elite, B1, C1), it is expected that lacrosse will be the player’s primary spring sport and that any outside schedule conflict will be decided in favor of the ALC commitment. This is especially important in light of the fact that the Elite teams will likely schedule a number of non league games and tournaments that may not conform to a consistent weekly schedule.
Unlike for the Developing and Recreational level teams, Elite teams place a greater emphasis on the competitive nature of the game. As such, there are no guarantees with respect to playing time or playing a favorite position for Elite team players.
Try-outs / Evaluations
- Weather Permitting:
- Evaluations for TRAVEL teams typically occur in November. This allows ALC to submit teams to SEPYLA based on player ability. The more players in attendance ensures we can balance teams and place in appropriate divisions for the spring season.
- Evaluations for House League (intramural) teams typically occur in Mid March during the first weeks of practices. All players will have skills practice together
- Check the web site for related postings.
Registration for the Spring season typically kicks off in November and is open until February for travel programs and March/April for house league. Check the web site for related postings.
ALC has adapted the following refund policy:
100% refund prior to Feb 7, 2017 (less a $15 administrative fee)
50% refund between Feb 7, 2017 and March 1, 2017 (less a $15 administrative fee)
No refunds will be issued after March 1, 2017
Please contact our Treasurer before the deadlines stated above regarding refund requests
ALC is a 501c non profit organization. Registration Fees are charged to cover costs, which generally includes uniforms, some tournament fees, coach/referee fees, field rentals, team equipment (balls, nets, etc.), insurance, and membership to US Lacrosse (required). All players are responsible for their personal equipment.
Please contact the appropriate Coordinator with Questions.
Our coordinators and their contact information can be accessed from the ALC home page by clicking on “Club Contacts”. Alternatively, you can access directly using the following link: